Personal Data collected by Blatten-Belalp Tourismus
The following personal data is necessary for a booking: name, address, telephone number, email address, payment information, names of guests travelling with you and booking preferences.
By using our website, even without making a reservation, we reserve the right to process the following information: IP address, browser type, operating system, application version, language settings and the displayed web pages. When using a mobile device, we may also collect the following data: type of mobile device and its settings, your geographic location, and apps installed on your mobile device including name, description, and category of the app. This data does not allow us to draw any conclusions regarding your identity, but can still be considered "personal" information.
We may also obtain information about your use of certain social media.
Why does Blatten-Belalp Tourismus collect, use and process your personal information?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal information to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the accommodation you have booked.
- Customer service: Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us – including helping you find appropriate accommodation and responding to queries related to your reservation.
- Guest reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to write a guest review after your stay. This helps us to constantly improve our service.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us we may use your contact information to send you news of similar travel-related products and services. We also send our customers regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualised offers may be shown to you on the belalp.ch website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalised a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with belalp.ch.
- We may also send you other material related to your reservation, such as contact details.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving our service: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our service, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does Blatten-Belalp Tourismus use social media?
We use social media to promote our accommodation partners’ properties and to promote, improve and facilitate our own services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the belalp.ch website. So when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
In addition to implementing these buttons, Belalp-Blatten Tourismus uses social media by maintaining accounts on several social media sites. These social media services may allow you to share information with Blatten-Belalp Tourismus. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s available in your social media profile, email address, status updates and your list of friends. This information is necessary to create a unique user experience on our websites. It facilitates such things as personalising our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends on travel destinations and analysing and enhancing our travel-related services.
How does Blatten-Belalp Tourismus share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, Blatten-Belalp Tourismus may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- The accommodation you booked: In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant reservation details to the accommodation you have booked. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests travelling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
- Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes specified above. For example, we may use service providers to send the reservation information on our behalf to the accommodation you just booked, or we may instruct third parties to contact you. When a reservation requires it, Blatten-Belalp Tourismus may also work with third-party payment service providers to facilitate payment or payment guarantees. And we work with third-party marketing networks to market our accommodation and services on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes. These third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those specified above.
- Our business partners: We work with partner websites around the world to distribute the accommodation listed on our website and mobile apps. When you make a reservation on one of these business partners’ websites, certain personal information that you give them may be shared with us. Similarly, we may share information with this business partner, for example, as part of the administration of your account, in order to manage your reservation, so that they can address queries related to your reservation and for marketing purposes. In this context, your information is governed by the privacy policies of these business partners.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
Guest reviews on belalp.ch
After your stay at any accommodation booked through Blatten-Belalp Tourismus, you will be invited to submit a guest review. If you do not want to use your name in the review, it can be displayed online anonymously. By completing a guest review, you are agreeing that it can be displayed on, for example, the relevant accommodation information page on our website, on partner websites, in our mobile apps, in our social media accounts and in social network apps. The purpose of the publication of this information is to inform other travellers about the quality and services offered at the accommodation you have stayed with.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that a website places on your computer.
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies enable your browser to be recognised by the website. So cookies are mainly used to remember the choices you have made – choices such as the language you prefer and the currency you use. They will also make sure you are recognised when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookies and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan and source.
Blatten-Belalp Tourismus offers its users a modern, user-friendly website, which automatically adapts to their wishes and needs. For this reason our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the accommodation you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our website, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our website.
How long do belalp.ch cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to.
How can you recognise belalp.ch cookies?
You can find our cookies in your browser settings.
Who has access to belalp.ch cookie data?
Only belalp.ch has access to belalp.ch cookie data. Cookies placed by third parties can only be accessed by these third parties.
How can I manage my cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings in, for example, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject. Where you find these settings depends on which browser you use. Use the "Help" function in your browser to locate the settings you need.
We would like to make you aware, that If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website. Please also bear in mind, that opting out of an online advertising network does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing analysis. It means that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and browsing patterns.
What security procedures does Blatten-Belalp Tourismus put in place to safeguard personal information?
Please be aware that in accordance with European data protection laws, Blatten-Belalp Tourismus observes reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
Your credit card details – when they are needed as part of the reservation process – are stored by us for a maximum of 10 days. After that, your credit card data will be either permanently deleted from our systems or will remain hashed in our system for fraud detection purposes. This is unless you have chosen to store your credit card details in your personal account.
The services offered by Blatten-Belalp Tourismus are not directed at children under the age of 18. The use of any of our services is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. When we receive information from a child under the age of 18, we reserve the right to delete it.
How can you control the personal information you have given to belalp.ch?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your personal data.
If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your personal data from our customer database by sending an email to the above address with 'Request for removal of personal information' in the subject line. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal information on the belalp.ch website?
Blatten-Belalp Tourismus is responsible for the processing of personal information on the belalp.ch website. Blatten-Belalp Tourismus is part of the Belalp Bahnen AG, a Swiss jont-stock company, incorporated under the laws of Switzerland and has its offices at Rischinusstrasse 5 in 3914 Blatten ob Naters, Switzerland. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated, 01 November 2013